Friday, April 22, 2011

determination

i'm working on this paper in sections, and skipping back and forth between them (it takes a lot of work these days to get through a paper). i'm determined however to get this shit done pretty soon. I'm about halfway through it, page-wise. But I really want to see Devon and Konrad tonight (so I am aiming for 10 pages before I go out), and I want to have lunch with Em tomorrow (which means that by the time I go out / go to bed, this paper not only needs to be nearly finished page-wise, but that it needs to be conceptually near done).

when this is all over i want to post some things from my teenage journals (i used to keep paper journals). i'll either type them up or scan pages. since i've been packing / cleaning my parents house, i've come across these wonderful little finds. they're quite great, i was a pretty passionate teenager (which is a stark difference to my apathetic 20s). they'll also highlight reasons for which it is sometimes better to be apathetic and emotionally stable, then wild and out of control. while i miss my days of more reckless spontaneousness (i still feel impulsive, just in a more controlled way), i don't overall miss my teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment