Thursday, April 21, 2011

They want to own you but they don't know what game they're playing

Hopefully a short post. I've been home for 2.5 days, and I've really accomplished nothing. I've sort of sorted through some of my stuff in my old bedroom (and found some money from my high school graduation), and spent time helping my grandmother get up and down in our living room. Both of these things are actually a little exhausting, not to mention the fact that I don't know when they'll get here, so I wake up at 10 every morning. Now you may be saying to yourself, 10 am isn't so bad, but it really is when you compulsively stay up until 3 am. There is something about this house that tires me... maybe it's the fact that I haven't taken an iron supplement lately, or dealing with my father pressuring me to pack and having to watch out for my grandmother, all while still trying to recover from a cold and a twisted ankle (insanely, it still hurts a little, and there is still a lump on my foot...).

In case you haven't guessed, I've been listening to the Arcade Fire's the Suburbs a lot. Which makes a little bit of sense while sitting in the suburbs, but the truth is that I have to get back to my real life. I'm certain that a lot is happening in my absence in KW, and I'm going to try to not think about it until Sunday. But somehow between now and then I have to finish this semester, which means buckling down and writing my final paper for Mathieu's class. I just feel so unprepared to write. I really want to be done so that I can spend the time with my friends without feeling bad about it...

More on my non-existent secret second life next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment